Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Blank Cell/IF Problem

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet which has the following in a cell

=IF(D13=0,"",AVERAGE($D$6:D13))

The problem is, D13 has a formula in it. And even though the cell may not be
displaying a value, the formula in the cell is giving me incorrect results
in the above example.

How can I get Excel to ignore the formula and treat the cell as being EMPTY
or equal to 0?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try adding an additional check for D13="", viz:
=IF(OR(D13=0,D13=""),"",AVERAGE($D$6:D13))
--
Max
Singapore
"N.Cassadine" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet which has the following in a cell

=IF(D13=0,"",AVERAGE($D$6:D13))

The problem is, D13 has a formula in it. And even though the cell may not
be displaying a value, the formula in the cell is giving me incorrect
results in the above example.

How can I get Excel to ignore the formula and treat the cell as being
EMPTY or equal to 0?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:36:42 -0400, "N.Cassadine"
wrote:

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet which has the following in a cell

=IF(D13=0,"",AVERAGE($D$6:D13))

The problem is, D13 has a formula in it. And even though the cell may not be
displaying a value, the formula in the cell is giving me incorrect results
in the above example.

How can I get Excel to ignore the formula and treat the cell as being EMPTY
or equal to 0?

Thanks.

What is the formula in D13?

You should be checking for the value that the formula gives when you want excel
to execute the condition_true portion of the IF statement.
--ron