Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Blank Cell/IF Problem

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:36:42 -0400, "N.Cassadine"
wrote:

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet which has the following in a cell

=IF(D13=0,"",AVERAGE($D$6:D13))

The problem is, D13 has a formula in it. And even though the cell may not be
displaying a value, the formula in the cell is giving me incorrect results
in the above example.

How can I get Excel to ignore the formula and treat the cell as being EMPTY
or equal to 0?

Thanks.

What is the formula in D13?

You should be checking for the value that the formula gives when you want excel
to execute the condition_true portion of the IF statement.
--ron