Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to install a drop down list excel 2002

I have a table with a column I want to let the user choose from a list of
words to fill the cell. I have made a list of the words on my worksheet
below my table. How do I get the drop down list to happen in the column.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Suppose your words list is in say: A10:A12

Select A1 (or select the range, say A1:A3)
Click Data Validation
Allow: List
Source: =$A$10:$A$12
Click OK.
--
Max
Singapore
"Techno Grandma" wrote:
I have a table with a column I want to let the user choose from a list of
words to fill the cell. I have made a list of the words on my worksheet
below my table. How do I get the drop down list to happen in the column.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The instructions Max gave you are for items lists on the same sheet as
the dropdown lists.
If you want to use different dropdown lists in multiple columns, it's a
good idea to store the item lists on a different sheet. Then, name the
lists, and refer to the names in the data validation dialog box, as
described he

Maybe the advice you saw suggested storing each of the source lists on a
separate sheet.

"Techno Grandma" wrote:

I have a table with a column I want to let the user choose from a list of
words to fill the cell. I have made a list of the words on my worksheet
below my table. How do I get the drop down list to happen in the column.
Thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures