Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to format Date for 6 digit entry without entering /

Can someone tell me how to write a custom format code for Date Formatting.
I've seen this several years back and I don't remember the code which is
similar to mm/dd/yy and the / does not have to be entered each time on the
keyboard.

My daughter wants to enter 081507 and the cell formatting is to display
08/15/07

Thanks

Matt

--
Please take a look at www.openoursite.com Click on: "Keywords" and then
Click on "Matt's Story" and if you are a man, you should be very happy that

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

XL's input parser doesn't pay attention to the format of the cell
(except if it's Text, in which case it doesn't parse the entry at all)).

Take a look he

http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

In article <76cd7eb773151@uwe, "Launchnet" <u20911@uwe wrote:

Can someone tell me how to write a custom format code for Date Formatting.
I've seen this several years back and I don't remember the code which is
similar to mm/dd/yy and the / does not have to be entered each time on the
keyboard.

My daughter wants to enter 081507 and the cell formatting is to display
08/15/07

Thanks

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks JE

Matt

JE McGimpsey wrote:
XL's input parser doesn't pay attention to the format of the cell
(except if it's Text, in which case it doesn't parse the entry at all)).

Take a look he

http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Can someone tell me how to write a custom format code for Date Formatting.
I've seen this several years back and I don't remember the code which is

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Matt