JohnnyJomp

Default A template for limit what is imported/

Hi all...
I can import a product list from my unix database into Excel; once it is
there, I often want to delete many columns, as I have no use for them.
What I want to do is make a template or similar that will import (into a new
spreadsheet, if necessary) only certain columns. In other words, the original
spreadsheet is 30 columns, but I only need to work on 5 or 6; how can I tell
the new spreadsheet to just import the columns I need?

Thanks in advance!
John

JohnnyJomp

Hi...
That is easy enough to do, and is what I am doing, but as the columns are
not continuous (ie. columns B-AA), it takes a while to delete 20odd columns.
Just trying to speed up the process.
John

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

Why not just copy the worksheet to a new sheet and delete the columns you
don't need?

--

Vasant

"JohnnyJomp" wrote in message
Hi all...
I can import a product list from my unix database into Excel; once it is
there, I often want to delete many columns, as I have no use for them.
What I want to do is make a template or similar that will import (into a

new
spreadsheet, if necessary) only certain columns. In other words, the

original
spreadsheet is 30 columns, but I only need to work on 5 or 6; how can I

tell
the new spreadsheet to just import the columns I need?

Thanks in advance!
John

Vasant Nanavati

If they are always the same columns, a simple macro would delete them.

Sub DeleteUnwantedColumns()
Range("B:B,E:E,G:G").Delete