Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Crosscheck values against the list of values.

Hi All,

I am new here and I need your help. Well, I have column called hotel_code
and it has some values, now I need to crossckeck these values against the
list of values and popup a massase, if any of the values are not available in
the column. For Example

Hotel_code

DELTR
BOMHI
BBITR

Now, my requirement to crosscheck these values against the list
(DELTR,BOMHI,BBITR,COKTR, MAATR). Now in the column hotel_code, it does not
list COKTR and MAATR. Now, I want a popup massage which would able to
indicates, these values (COKTR and BBITR) is missing.

hare krishna
Alok

--
none
none
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your long list is in E1:E500, and the code you want to check is in
B1, use

=if(countif($e$1:$e$500,B1)=0,"Not in List","")

copy it down for all the vlaues you want to test

"Alok Kumar" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Duke, but I also need to display the value, which is not present in
the list.
for example , I have B1 and D1 values and I am crosschecking it with the
list values ((A1,G1,B1,D1), since A1, G1 not in the list, it should popup a
massage with values
A1, G1 should ne present in the list.

hare krishna
Alok

"Alok Kumar" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can't "pop up" a message without resorting to macros (VBA code), and for
the small number of codes you are talking about, that seems like overkill.

Perhaps you should simply use conditional formatting to highlight the codes
that are not in the list