Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alok Kumar Alok Kumar is offline

Default Crosscheck values against the list of values.

Thanks Duke, but I also need to display the value, which is not present in
the list.
for example , I have B1 and D1 values and I am crosschecking it with the
list values ((A1,G1,B1,D1), since A1, G1 not in the list, it should popup a
massage with values
A1, G1 should ne present in the list.

hare krishna
Alok

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Assuming your long list is in E1:E500, and the code you want to check is in
B1, use

=if(countif($e$1:$e$500,B1)=0,"Not in List","")

copy it down for all the vlaues you want to test

"Alok Kumar" wrote:

Hi All,

I am new here and I need your help. Well, I have column called hotel_code
and it has some values, now I need to crossckeck these values against the
list of values and popup a massase, if any of the values are not available in
the column. For Example

Hotel_code

DELTR
BOMHI
BBITR

Now, my requirement to crosscheck these values against the list
(DELTR,BOMHI,BBITR,COKTR, MAATR). Now in the column hotel_code, it does not
list COKTR and MAATR. Now, I want a popup massage which would able to
indicates, these values (COKTR and BBITR) is missing.

hare krishna
Alok

--
none