Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Grouping and GetPivotData

I have a pivot table that contains balances by loan product. I have used the
"Group" functionality on the pivot table to group the products by type
(hybrid, fixed, etc.) however, when I try to use getpivotdata to link to the
sum of a loan type, my formula gives me a #Ref error. It also looks odd -
this is the result I am getting: =GETPIVOTDATA($A$3,"LOB['Mortgage Lending']
HFI Product2[Adjustable;Data,Sum] 'Sum of Jan-08'").

Is there a way to make this work? I would like to use getpivotdata if
possible to make updating easier.

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take the Data, out of the formula, and it should work:

Product2[Adjustable;Sum]

Or, when you're adding the subtotals to the groups, use the Automatic
subtotal, instead of selecting Sum. Then, the formula that's created
automatically should work correctly.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures