Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default GETPIVOTDATA

I'm using the GETPIVOTDATA function in XL 2003. My understanding is that XL
versions prior to 2002 or so did not support this function, or at least in
any easy way (see here, for info: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html)

Problem is a lot of the people with whom I work use XL 2000 and upgrading
them is not really in the cards. If I design workbooks using this function
in XL 2003 will people using XL 2000 be able to use these formulas? Or will
they get errors?

Thanks for any insight.

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Earlier version support GETPIVOTDATA, but don't automatically create the
formula for you, and the arguments are different.

If you create the formulas in Excel 2003, and users open the files in
Excel 2000, the formulas will return an error if the pivot table is
refreshed or changed, or if they recalculate the formula.

If you create the formulas in Excel 2000, Excel 2003 should calculate
them correctly if the pivot table is refreshed. Layout changes may cause
errors.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures