Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Speadsheet question

I have multiple spreadsheets that I want to sum them up on one main
"control" sheet, so I can get a grand total payroll figure. How can I do
that? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
T. Jones

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please be more specific.
Do you, for example, want
1) sheet1A1 + sheet2A1....
or
2) sum( of A1:D10 on every sheet) placed in one cell

tell us more; best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tracey Jones" wrote in message
I have multiple spreadsheets that I want to sum them up on one main
"control" sheet, so I can get a grand total payroll figure. How can I do
that? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
T. Jones

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

one way:

Create a two sheets "Start" & "End" and place your "data" sheets between them.

=SUM('Start:End'!A1) will sum A1 for all sheets

does this help?

"Tracey Jones" wrote:

I have multiple spreadsheets that I want to sum them up on one main
"control" sheet, so I can get a grand total payroll figure. How can I do
that? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
T. Jones

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have an additional question to this topic. The criteria I would like added
within a work sheet is on the 2nd page. How do I distinguish this from
criteria on the first page? For example I am =sum('start:end'!c5). The C5
cell data I would like summed is on the 2nd page within the worksheet.

"Tracey Jones" wrote:

I have multiple spreadsheets that I want to sum them up on one main
"control" sheet, so I can get a grand total payroll figure. How can I do
that? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
T. Jones

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean by a "page" in this context? There may be a number of
pages in the printed output from each worksheet (but this is irrelevant to
your formula). Within the workbook are a number of worksheets, and you have
asked it to sum from the worksheet entitled start to the worksheet entitled
end, and including all the worksheets in between. In each of the worksheets
there is one (and only one) cell whose reference is C5. It is that one
celll in each worksheet which is included in the sum calculated by your
formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Tracey Jones" wrote:

I have multiple spreadsheets that I want to sum them up on one main
"control" sheet, so I can get a grand total payroll figure. How can I
do
that? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
T. Jones

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mr. Jones,
Did you try creating a pivot table ( with "multiple consolidation ranges "
option) in a new worksheet ? Pl try. That may meet your requirements.