Steven Leuck

Default 2-Level (criteria) Lookup Function Help

I have a sheet I am trying to make work and need some help figuring out a
function that will do what I want.

On the first tab of my worksheet I have an "Invoice" set up that is looking
for data from other tabs. Each of the other tabs has the same sets of
information in short columns (about 10 rows each)-- one column for each month
of the year where I imput the info i'm keeping. Each tab has a unique group
name. What I would like to have happen is when I enter the the tab or
"group" name in one cell on the first tab and then in another cell the month
I am looking for, it will post that month's data from the column it's in on
that sheet to the "invoice" sheet.

I get a little lost in some of these more advanced lookup functions and was
hoping someone out there might have an answer for me. Thanks!
--
Steven Leuck
Builders Electric, Inc.

Steven Leuck

Not quite... here's some more exact info:

Sheet 1 (called "invoice" on my tab sets) has two imput criteria cells:
C1 asks for "invoice to:" which is the name of the group that corresponds to
the tab name where their data is stored.
C2 asks for the "month" we are invoicing for (expressed as date, example:
2/1/2005).

On each of the subsequent tab sheets there is a column for each month's
copier usage for the 10 cost centers they use. For example, February 2005
would be in cells D8:D17. March 2005 would be in cells E8:E17, April in
F8:F17, etc.

So, when I enter "Group1" into the "Invoice to:" cell on my "invoice" sheet,
AND put "2/1/2005" in the "Month" cell, I am hoping to have the data in cells
D8:D17 from the "Group1" tab be displayed in cells E17:E26 on my "invoice"
sheet.

Changing the date in my "month" criteria cell to "3/1/2005", I should be
able to see the data from cells E8:E17 from the "Group1" sheet, etc.

I hope this makes more sense and is not over convoluted.

Thank you,
Steven Leuck