Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy Text to Excel

Hi There , I am trying to copy/paste text from a word document to a cell of
an excel sheet, but it keeps telling me that "Data on the Clipboard is not
the same size and shape as the selected area. Do I want to paste anyway" When
I respond Ok, comes back with "cannot change part of a merged cell". How can
I get around this please?
--
Georgie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Before pasting go to the Format toolbar:

Format - Cells
Select the Alignment Tab and uncheck the merged cells check box; than do
your pasting.

Or you can try doing a Paste Special text without any formatting.

Michael Arch.

Please rate this posting if helpful
"Georgie" wrote:

Hi There , I am trying to copy/paste text from a word document to a cell of
an excel sheet, but it keeps telling me that "Data on the Clipboard is not
the same size and shape as the selected area. Do I want to paste anyway" When
I respond Ok, comes back with "cannot change part of a merged cell". How can
I get around this please?
--
Georgie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank You Michael,

My drop down box in Paste Special does not show a choice for 'without
formatting'

Unfortunately it has not worked I still get the same message about the size
and shape.

I am on Excel2000 could this be the problem?

--
Georgie