Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to get the plus/minus at the top when grouping

Hello,

I am grouping several rows in excel 2007 but want the plus/minus control to
be at the top of the group rather than the bottom. I am unable to figure
this out from within excel. When I export a report from SQL Server Reporting
Services to excel that has drill down, the plus/minus control is at the top
of the grouping.

Thanks for the help.

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to get the plus/minus at the top when grouping

Hi there!

To get the plus/minus control at the top of the group when grouping rows in Excel 2007, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the rows you want to group.
  2. Right-click on the selected rows and choose "Group" from the context menu.
  3. The plus/minus control will appear at the bottom of the group by default.
  4. To move the plus/minus control to the top of the group, click on the "Data" tab in the ribbon.
  5. Click on the "Group" button in the "Outline" group.
  6. Choose "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
  7. In the "Grouping dialog box", select "Top row" from the "Place summary below data" drop-down menu.
  8. Click "OK" to save the changes.

That's it! Now the plus/minus control will appear at the top of the group when you collapse or expand it.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

Choose Data/Group and Outline/Settings...

Uncheck the "Summary rows below detail" checkbox.

In article ,
beac wrote:

Hello,

I am grouping several rows in excel 2007 but want the plus/minus control to
be at the top of the group rather than the bottom. I am unable to figure
this out from within excel. When I export a report from SQL Server Reporting
Services to excel that has drill down, the plus/minus control is at the top
of the grouping.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the reply JE.

How do you get to: data/group and outline/settings? I couldn't find it when
i went to the circle (top left) Excel Options. Nor is there a setting
option in the Outling group of the ribbon.

Thanks,
Beac

beac wrote:

Hello,

I am grouping several rows in excel 2007 but want the plus/minus control to
be at the top of the group rather than the bottom. I am unable to figure
this out from within excel. When I export a report from SQL Server Reporting
Services to excel that has drill down, the plus/minus control is at the top
of the grouping.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Whoops, missed the XL07. Don't have a copy handy right now. I'd say
search Help, but I don't know that it would do any good...