Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need to test for alphanumeric value and write numeric values to ce

The cell B2 has a data validation list of W2, 1099, or B2B and I want to
write two different values to B14 & B15 if users select the value W2, and if
anything else is selected, then write zeros to the same two cells. I've
tried the following:

=IF(B2="w2"), (B14=1.1235,B15=6.35),(B14=0,B15=0)

The error message I get highlights "w2" as an error when I try to enter
this.
--
Pyramid 36 "Ken"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need 2 different formulas, a formula can only return a value in the cell
that holds the formula, so in B14 put

=IF(B2="w2",1,0)

can be simplified to

=--(B2="w2")

or

=N(B2="w2"

in B15 put

=IF(B2="w2",6.35,0)

Peo Sjoblom

"Pyramid 36" <ken(at)cotterkimbrough.com wrote in message
The cell B2 has a data validation list of W2, 1099, or B2B and I want to
write two different values to B14 & B15 if users select the value W2, and
if
anything else is selected, then write zeros to the same two cells. I've
tried the following:

=IF(B2="w2"), (B14=1.1235,B15=6.35),(B14=0,B15=0)

The error message I get highlights "w2" as an error when I try to enter
this.
--
Pyramid 36 "Ken"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need to test for alphanumeric value and write numeric values t

Peo,

Thanks so very much. It works perfectly.
--
Pyramid 36 "Ken"