Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Extract numeric part of alphanumeric cell

Cell AR12 has a value that reads 'Visit 6 GWP'.
In an adjacent cell, I would like to extract the numeric value of this text
string.
Any ideas re how I can do this through the use of a formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=MID(AR12,7,1)*1

the *1 term converts it to a number - omit if you want it to be text.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 1, 3:10 pm, Sarah (OGI)
wrote:
Cell AR12 has a value that reads 'Visit 6 GWP'.
In an adjacent cell, I would like to extract the numeric value of this text
string.
Any ideas re how I can do this through the use of a formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

ASAP Utilities, a free add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a built
in feature that will delete all alpha characters from a string.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3