-   -   Extract numeric part of alphanumeric cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/152592-extract-numeric-part-alphanumeric-cell.html)

Sarah (OGI)

Extract numeric part of alphanumeric cell

Cell AR12 has a value that reads 'Visit 6 GWP'.
In an adjacent cell, I would like to extract the numeric value of this text
string.
Any ideas re how I can do this through the use of a formula?

Pete_UK

Extract numeric part of alphanumeric cell

Try this:

=MID(AR12,7,1)*1

the *1 term converts it to a number - omit if you want it to be text.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 1, 3:10 pm, Sarah (OGI)
wrote:
Cell AR12 has a value that reads 'Visit 6 GWP'.
In an adjacent cell, I would like to extract the numeric value of this text
string.
Any ideas re how I can do this through the use of a formula?

Toppers

Extract numeric part of alphanumeric cell

=LOOKUP(10^10,--MID(A1,MIN(FIND({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},A1&"01234567 89")),ROW(INDIRECT("1:255"))))

Data in A1

"Sarah (OGI)" wrote:

Cell AR12 has a value that reads 'Visit 6 GWP'.
In an adjacent cell, I would like to extract the numeric value of this text
string.
Any ideas re how I can do this through the use of a formula?

CLR

Extract numeric part of alphanumeric cell

ASAP Utilities, a free add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a built
in feature that will delete all alpha characters from a string.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3