Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default freeze panes - freezes first 6 rows when only 1 required

I have made a spreadsheet using data copied from my Blue Cross Blue Shield
benefits website. When I try to freeze the top row (by selecting a cell, or
the whole row), the first 6 rows are frozen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike

To freeze top row, select A2 and freeze panes.

The rules are............everything above and left of the pre-selected cell will
be frozen.

If this is not happening for you, maybe the Blue Cross data came over with some
merged cells.

Check out FormatCellsAlignment and "Merge cells" setting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP