Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Mouse controlled auto sum feature lost

HELP!
I used to be able to use my mouse to highlight a range of cells in Excel and
have the sum, min, max, avg, etc displayed at the bottom of the spreadsheet
in what looked like a gray toolbar that was below the tabs of the spreadsheet
and contained the word 'Ready'. Somehow I lost the ability to do this. Is
this an Option, Toolbar, or what that I need to turn on to activate this
feature again?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The bar isn't there. There is nothing below the tabs of the workbook. How
do I get the bar?

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Right-click in that bar and you'll get a choice

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lost is Allentown" <Lost is wrote in message
| HELP!
| I used to be able to use my mouse to highlight a range of cells in Excel and
| have the sum, min, max, avg, etc displayed at the bottom of the spreadsheet
| in what looked like a gray toolbar that was below the tabs of the spreadsheet
| and contained the word 'Ready'. Somehow I lost the ability to do this. Is
| this an Option, Toolbar, or what that I need to turn on to activate this
| feature again?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Aug 1, 3:45 pm, "Niek Otten" wrote:
Right-click in that bar and you'll get a choice

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lost is Allentown" <Lost is wrote in ...
| HELP!
| I used to be able to use my mouse to highlight a range of cells in Excel and
| have the sum, min, max, avg, etc displayed at the bottom of the spreadsheet
| in what looked like a gray toolbar that was below the tabs of the spreadsheet
| and contained the word 'Ready'. Somehow I lost the ability to do this. Is
| this an Option, Toolbar, or what that I need to turn on to activate this
| feature again?

Make sure you have your status bar enabled. Go to view status
bar. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Niek Otten" wrote:
Right-click in that bar and you'll get a choice

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lost is Allentown" <Lost is wrote in message
| HELP!
| I used to be able to use my mouse to highlight a range of cells in Excel and
| have the sum, min, max, avg, etc displayed at the bottom of the spreadsheet
| in what looked like a gray toolbar that was below the tabs of the spreadsheet
| and contained the word 'Ready'. Somehow I lost the ability to do this. Is
| this an Option, Toolbar, or what that I need to turn on to activate this
| feature again?

Go to View Status Bar. Once enabled, you can right-click and you
get the following options: AVG, COUNT, COUNT NUMS, MAX, MIN, and of
course SUM. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The Status bar is enabled. I on checked a co-worker's workstation who has
the bar and notice that the bar is 'below' the tabs of the workbook. My
spreadsheet ends with the tabs, I don't have that extra gray bar below the
tabs, yet the status bar is enabled.

"Niek Otten" wrote:
Right-click in that bar and you'll get a choice

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lost is Allentown" <Lost is wrote in message
| HELP!
| I used to be able to use my mouse to highlight a range of cells in Excel and
| have the sum, min, max, avg, etc displayed at the bottom of the spreadsheet
| in what looked like a gray toolbar that was below the tabs of the spreadsheet
| and contained the word 'Ready'. Somehow I lost the ability to do this. Is
| this an Option, Toolbar, or what that I need to turn on to activate this
| feature again?

Go to View Status Bar. Once enabled, you can right-click and you
get the following options: AVG, COUNT, COUNT NUMS, MAX, MIN, and of
course SUM. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The gray bar is the "Status Bar" and if you right-click on it you will get the
list of options.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP