Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default spreadsheet locked - for no reason ?

Anyone got an idea or two how to help?

Trying to re open a spreadsheet I hvae ben working on during the day.
I now get the rror message :

" .xls is locked for editing by ' '. "

Obviously I have seen it before when a name of another use on the network
has a file open and I try to open it but I have never seen it with no name
between the inverted commas.
I also know that no on e else has the file open currently.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Doh !

I should of tried what I "ALWAYS" advocate to others .......... "Have you
turned it off and back on again ?"

Cheers John.

"andy duncan" wrote:

Anyone got an idea or two how to help?

Trying to re open a spreadsheet I hvae ben working on during the day.
I now get the rror message :

" .xls is locked for editing by ' '. "

Obviously I have seen it before when a name of another use on the network
has a file open and I try to open it but I have never seen it with no
name
between the inverted commas.
I also know that no on e else has the file open currently.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I frequently use Excel tables as a database and create reports in Crystal.
When I have the report open I get this message even though the Excel file
itself is not open.

Patti