-   -   spreadsheet locked - for no reason ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/152602-spreadsheet-locked-no-reason.html)

andy duncan

spreadsheet locked - for no reason ?

Anyone got an idea or two how to help?

Trying to re open a spreadsheet I hvae ben working on during the day.
I now get the rror message :

" .xls is locked for editing by ' '. "

Obviously I have seen it before when a name of another use on the network
has a file open and I try to open it but I have never seen it with no name
between the inverted commas.
I also know that no on e else has the file open currently.

Andy

John Bundy

spreadsheet locked - for no reason ?

Try rebooting your computer? do that and check your task manager and se if
any excel stuff is open, if so close it. That is all i can think of.
--
-John
is helpful.

"andy duncan" wrote:

Anyone got an idea or two how to help?

Trying to re open a spreadsheet I hvae ben working on during the day.
I now get the rror message :

" .xls is locked for editing by ' '. "

Obviously I have seen it before when a name of another use on the network
has a file open and I try to open it but I have never seen it with no name
between the inverted commas.
I also know that no on e else has the file open currently.

Andy

andy duncan

spreadsheet locked - for no reason ?

Doh !

I should of tried what I "ALWAYS" advocate to others .......... "Have you
turned it off and back on again ?"

Cheers John.

"andy duncan" wrote:

Anyone got an idea or two how to help?

Trying to re open a spreadsheet I hvae ben working on during the day.
I now get the rror message :

" .xls is locked for editing by ' '. "

Obviously I have seen it before when a name of another use on the network
has a file open and I try to open it but I have never seen it with no
name
between the inverted commas.
I also know that no on e else has the file open currently.

Andy

JICDB

spreadsheet locked - for no reason ?

I frequently use Excel tables as a database and create reports in Crystal.
When I have the report open I get this message even though the Excel file
itself is not open.

Patti