Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copy cells to specific sheets

Hi all

I am trying to find a function that will copy 4 adjacent cells to another
sheet within the same workbook and place them at the next empty row in the
required sheet.

I have one master sheet and wish to copy specific data based on a user id to
that users worksheet.
Three sheets named Master, Person 1, Person 2.

Excel 2007 and Vista Home premium.

All help will be very much appreciated

Double R

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Here's one formulas set-up which delivers it the way you want ..

Take this sample construct from my archives:
http://www.savefile.com/files/430142
AutoCopy Lines to Resp Sht Non Array.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered. Easy to adapt ..)

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet, with lines neatly
auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet based on the values within a
key col.

In the sample, the key col in the master sheet is the "State" col, which may
contain eg: NY, CA, NV, SD, AZ, etc. All lines with "NY" in the key col will
be auto-copied to the sheet named: NY, and appear neatly bunched at the top.
Ditto for lines with "CA", "NV", etc which will be copied into their
respective sheets.

Propagation of the "child" sheet is as simple as making a copy of the
initial one, then renaming it accordingly as the next key col value. Eg we
first formulate one child sheet for "NY", dress it up nicely, then just make
copies of the "NY" sheet, and rename these as: CA, NV, SD, etc.

In your case, the key col would be your "UserID" col, eg: UserID1, UserID2
etc
--
Max
Singapore
"Double R" wrote:
Hi all

I am trying to find a function that will copy 4 adjacent cells to another
sheet within the same workbook and place them at the next empty row in the
required sheet.

I have one master sheet and wish to copy specific data based on a user id to
that users worksheet.
Three sheets named Master, Person 1, Person 2.

Excel 2007 and Vista Home premium.

All help will be very much appreciated

Double R

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks very much Max, I will have a look at it and se if I can adapt it to
my needs, but it will be next weekend before I get time
Thanks once again for your reply and solution

Double R