Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automatic deletion of specific cells from multiple sheets

i have a worksheet with about 30 spreadsheets. In every spreadsheet i have
cells that i want to delete automatically (the cells contain different
numbers in table formats). Can i have a formula that automatically deletes
only the cells i specify from every spreadsheet..

I want to do the automatic deletion so i can save the sheet with the
selected deleted cells and start a new one. "similarly how a template works."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Formulas won't delete cells on their own. You have several options. You
could use AutoFilter to find the cells of interest and delete them that way,
or you could use VBA to do it. If you want a VBA solution, it would help if
you were more specific in what what you want to delete and from where.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Jman" wrote:

i have a worksheet with about 30 spreadsheets. In every spreadsheet i have
cells that i want to delete automatically (the cells contain different
numbers in table formats). Can i have a formula that automatically deletes
only the cells i specify from every spreadsheet..

I want to do the automatic deletion so i can save the sheet with the
selected deleted cells and start a new one. "similarly how a template works."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Advanced Filter wont work for me because I have random #s in specific cells,
I dont have any specific "details, "characters" to filter out, However, the
VBA option you recommended might work.
Here are the cells i want deleted:

On Sheet called "Client Visit Input"
B55:N85
B118:N148
B155:N185
B192:N222
B229:N259
B266;N296
B303:N333
B340:N370
B377:N407
B414:N444
B451:N481
B488:N518

On the sheet called "Monthly Income Input"
B59
B74
B122
B137
B159
B174
B196
B211
B233
B248
B270
B285
B307
B322
B344
B359
B381
B396
B418
B433
B455
B470
B492
B507

On sheet called "Client Name Input"
A935:G3014

"Jman" wrote:

i have a worksheet with about 30 spreadsheets. In every spreadsheet i have
cells that i want to delete automatically (the cells contain different
numbers in table formats). Can i have a formula that automatically deletes
only the cells i specify from every spreadsheet..

I want to do the automatic deletion so i can save the sheet with the
selected deleted cells and start a new one. "similarly how a template works."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How do you determine that you want to delete those cells? Is there an entry
you are looking for? When I have time, I'll gin something up. Hopefully
someone else can do it before then.

"Jman" wrote:

i have a worksheet with about 30 spreadsheets. In every spreadsheet i have
cells that i want to delete automatically (the cells contain different
numbers in table formats). Can i have a formula that automatically deletes
only the cells i specify from every spreadsheet..

I want to do the automatic deletion so i can save the sheet with the
selected deleted cells and start a new one. "similarly how a template works."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

These cells dont have a specific entry.. Most of them contain numbers and
(some do containt text) that i take from an outside source.. The cells also
dont have any formulas in them. If there is a macro i can use from the sheet
called "Main" that deletes all the cells from the other spreadsheets i posted
above.

How do you determine that you want to delete those cells?
I figured instead of going to every sheet and highlight the cells i want
deleted, i could use a macro from the "Main" sheet to do the job.

Some of these rows dont have any headers .
ex: B340:N407.. but if you want me to name them for the macro to work i
can figure something out.

ex b51 contains $1450.90
b52 $ 22.00
b62 contains text ex.. "John Mcarther"
B72 even contains a full sentence.. (ofcourse a streatched out cell)