Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date Formula

I need a formula to to calculate the number of months an asset has been in
service. For instance, In col C I have the date an assets was acquired
(12/1/99) and it has a depreciable life of 480 months. I need a formual to
calculate the number of months remaining and the end date for this asset.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If:

D1= depreciable months

E1 (end date): =DATE(YEAR(C1),MONTH(C1)+D1,DAY(C1))
F1 (Months left): =DATEDIF(TODAY(),E1,"m")

HTH