Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trying to insert a row. Insert wont Activate

I have one (1) Excel file which when I right click on the start of a row the
menu shows "insert" but it wont activate.
I have many other Excel files all of which I can insert a blank new row or
column.
This one file wont allow that function.
Help!!
Tod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The sheet may be protected...
Tools | Protection
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"todflog1"
wrote in message
I have one (1) Excel file which when I right click on the start of a row the
menu shows "insert" but it wont activate.
I have many other Excel files all of which I can insert a blank new row or
column.
This one file wont allow that function.
Help!!
Tod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Jim Cone" wrote:

The sheet may be protected...
Tools | Protection
--

wrote in message
I have one (1) Excel file which when I right click on the start of a row the
menu shows "insert" but it wont activate.
I have many other Excel files all of which I can insert a blank new row or
column.
This one file wont allow that function.
Help!!
Tod

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The sheet isn't protected & there are no hidden rows or cllums.
Tod

"Jim Cone" wrote:

The sheet may be protected...
Tools | Protection
--

wrote in message
I have one (1) Excel file which when I right click on the start of a row the
menu shows "insert" but it wont activate.
I have many other Excel files all of which I can insert a blank new row or
column.
This one file wont allow that function.
Help!!
Tod

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the "Insert" grayed out or available but nothing happens when you click on
it?

How about InsertRow from the main menu?

How about CTRL + SHIFT + '+' sign?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:36:01 -0700, todflog1
wrote:

The sheet isn't protected & there are no hidden rows or cllums.
Tod

"Jim Cone" wrote:

The sheet may be protected...
Tools | Protection