Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to make value whole (remove decimal point)

I have a column with values that have up to 4 places to the right of the
decimal point (32.2514) and I simply want the whole value rounded up, and I
don't want it just to show the rounded up value, I actually want the cell
value to be 32 if the number is 32.2145. please help.....

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

value to be 32 if the number is 32.2145

is actually rounding DOWN not up.

To do that use:

INT(A1) or TRUNC(A1)

(They act differently with negative numeber - check in Help)

If you want to round to the nearest whole number use:

=ROUND(A1,0)

If you do want to round up ALL the time then use:

ROUNDUP(A1,0)

or

CEILING(A1,1)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Roger" wrote in message
I have a column with values that have up to 4 places to the right of the
decimal point (32.2514) and I simply want the whole value rounded up, and
don't want it just to show the rounded up value, I actually want the cell
value to be 32 if the number is 32.2145. please help.....

thanks

remove decimal point for csv sheet Jerry Lee Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 May 27th 07 01:56 PM
in Excel 2007, how do you remove the decimal point in General Gildee New Users to Excel 2 November 20th 06 06:47 PM
Decimal point David New Users to Excel 3 July 26th 06 05:02 PM
Converting 2-place decimal value to floating point decimal number with leading zero Kermit Piper Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 March 18th 06 06:20 PM
FIXED 2 DECIMAL PLACES, MUST ENTER ALL ZEROES AFTER DECIMAL POINT. SUKYKITTY Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 6th 05 01:50 PM