-   -   how to make value whole (remove decimal point) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/150796-how-make-value-whole-remove-decimal-point.html)

Roger

how to make value whole (remove decimal point)

I have a column with values that have up to 4 places to the right of the
decimal point (32.2514) and I simply want the whole value rounded up, and I
don't want it just to show the rounded up value, I actually want the cell
value to be 32 if the number is 32.2145. please help.....

thanks

Sandy Mann

how to make value whole (remove decimal point)

value to be 32 if the number is 32.2145

is actually rounding DOWN not up.

To do that use:

INT(A1) or TRUNC(A1)

(They act differently with negative numeber - check in Help)

If you want to round to the nearest whole number use:

=ROUND(A1,0)

If you do want to round up ALL the time then use:

ROUNDUP(A1,0)

or

CEILING(A1,1)

--