Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default search for data matching some condition

For example,

Sheet 1 is data base as below.
name group team
------ ------ ------
aaa red bear
bbb blue lion
ccc red lion
ddd yellow tiger
eee blue bear

Now I want to fill up sheet 2 using sheet 1
name group team
------ ------- ------
ccc
eee
hhh

How can I find match group name and team name in sheet 1? What function is
working for searching. There is no duplicated name in data base.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use the Vlookup function. Something like this...

=vlookup(A2, Sheet1!$A$2:$C$10, 2, false)

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Michael Hahn" wrote:

For example,

Sheet 1 is data base as below.
name group team
------ ------ ------
aaa red bear
bbb blue lion
ccc red lion
ddd yellow tiger
eee blue bear

Now I want to fill up sheet 2 using sheet 1
name group team
------ ------- ------
ccc
eee
hhh

How can I find match group name and team name in sheet 1? What function is
working for searching. There is no duplicated name in data base.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you very much!

I tested and it works.
You are the best.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You can use the Vlookup function. Something like this...

=vlookup(A2, Sheet1!$A$2:$C$10, 2, false)

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Michael Hahn" wrote: