Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default average in excle

I'm raking my brains...I have a table where column A has job titles,
column B has the salary. Column A has duplicate job titles, which is
OK, what I'm looking for is an average function that will give me the
average salary per job title. I know I could do this via a pivot
table but I was planning on using vlookup and/or average. I'm just
not getting the syntax correct. Any help?