Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IRR Syntax

Is there a syntax that I can use that recognizes that my investment amt and
resulting cash flows are not necessarily neatly lined up?
Investment is in A5 and resulting cash flows are C10:C20

It just seems as if I'm missing something simple. I know I can copy all the
info to another location (X5:X16) and line it up to use the basic syntax.

Thanks
--
Bruce
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jul 13, 10:14 am, Bruce wrote:
Is there a syntax that I can use that recognizes that my investment
amt and resulting cash flows are not necessarily neatly lined up?
Investment is in A5 and resulting cash flows are C10:C20

Try IRR((A5,C10:C20))

The inner parentheses are significant. See the reference operators on the
Help page "About calculation operators".