Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default make one cell identical to another

Simple question:

I want to make a cell on one sheet show an identical value to a similarly
positioned cell on another sheet. The values in the cells on both sheets are
used for mathematical calculations.

However, there are blanks in some of the cells that i want to match as well.

Problem is if I use the "=" function, then the cell that's doing the copying
will show a zero if the original cell was a blank.

Is there another function that I can use? Essentially, if I copy a blank
cell, I want a blank cell to result, not one with a zero in it.

anand
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can have the cell show blank by replacing something like =A1 with
=IF(A1="","",A1)
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"anand" wrote:

Simple question:

I want to make a cell on one sheet show an identical value to a similarly
positioned cell on another sheet. The values in the cells on both sheets are
used for mathematical calculations.

However, there are blanks in some of the cells that i want to match as well.

Problem is if I use the "=" function, then the cell that's doing the copying
will show a zero if the original cell was a blank.

Is there another function that I can use? Essentially, if I copy a blank
cell, I want a blank cell to result, not one with a zero in it.

anand

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try