Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Making two lines into one

Hello,

Is there a way to combine row A and B into one row? For example, I have
data in both rows. Both rows are for the same borrower. I am trying to
combine row A and B into one row that has all the data both A and B had.

I know I can cut and paste each line, but the spreadsheet is large. Any
ideas?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

what is he format of what you currently have, and what format do you want to
finish up with.
there are several ways to do what what you want, but different formats work
better with different methods

"nabanco" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to combine row A and B into one row? For example, I have
data in both rows. Both rows are for the same borrower. I am trying to
combine row A and B into one row that has all the data both A and B had.

I know I can cut and paste each line, but the spreadsheet is large. Any
ideas?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

among the difficulties is whether there are functions that need to refer to
specific relative cells.
if it is all data, a simple method is to go past the end of the first data
row and enter = the first cell in the second row. copy and paste this cell
across to get all the data in the second row
copy these new cells and the blank cells just below them and paste down to
the end of your data.
select all of these new columns copy and paste special values.
select one of these new columns and data filter autofilter
select blanks and delete the filtered rows.

"nabanco" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to combine row A and B into one row? For example, I have
data in both rows. Both rows are for the same borrower. I am trying to
combine row A and B into one row that has all the data both A and B had.

I know I can cut and paste each line, but the spreadsheet is large. Any
ideas?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this:

=A1&A2&A3

or

=TRIM(A1)&" "&SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(B1),CHAR(10),"")

If you need to use VBA, let post back.