Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MY FORMULA WON'T WORK.. WHY??

Please can anyone advise me why the following formula is not acceptable and
is coming up as "the formula you typed contains a error"?
The cell for the answer is formated as General

=SUMIF(B4:B8,"BANK",J4+J8)

Kind regards

Eclaires
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you mean ....?

=SUMIF(B4:B8,"BANK",J4:J8)

which sums columns J4:J8 if any of the corresponding B4:B8 = "BANK"

"Eclaires" wrote:

Please can anyone advise me why the following formula is not acceptable and
is coming up as "the formula you typed contains a error"?
The cell for the answer is formated as General

=SUMIF(B4:B8,"BANK",J4+J8)

Kind regards

Eclaires

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I assume that you are looking to see in "bank" appears in B1:B8 and if it
does add J4 & J8. If correct try:-

=IF(COUNTIF(B4:B8,"=bank"),J4+J8,"Not defined")