Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLookup to join three + worksheets?

I have a workbook w/three different worksheets. They all contain a column
that has employee IDs each with the same heading. So the columns match, they
just contain different #s.

I want to pull the ID #s from all three worksheets into a fourth "master"
worksheet that will update when new numbers are added to the sheets. (EX:
Sheet1- employees who attended training in Boston, Sheet2 = New York, Sheet3
= London. I want Sheet 4 = list all ID#s from all of the cities. When I add
new ID#s to Sheet 1, 2, or 3, Sheet 4 will update to reflect the new ID#s).

Is that possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're approaching this from the wrong end. Put all the data in a single
sheet, then use Pivot tables or data filters to isolate the New York, Boston,
or London data. You'll find this is much more flexible and MUCH easier to
maintain.

"Aekta" wrote:

I have a workbook w/three different worksheets. They all contain a column
that has employee IDs each with the same heading. So the columns match, they
just contain different #s.

I want to pull the ID #s from all three worksheets into a fourth "master"
worksheet that will update when new numbers are added to the sheets. (EX:
Sheet1- employees who attended training in Boston, Sheet2 = New York, Sheet3
= London. I want Sheet 4 = list all ID#s from all of the cities. When I add
new ID#s to Sheet 1, 2, or 3, Sheet 4 will update to reflect the new ID#s).

Is that possible?

How do I join or merge worksheets in Excel PurpleMel Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 June 11th 07 10:58 PM
join rows? SusanK New Users to Excel 3 April 22nd 06 03:47 AM
join cells for a vlookup Jim Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 26th 06 03:09 AM
Vlookup in different worksheets ErwinR Excel Worksheet Functions 1 December 13th 05 10:29 AM
Using vlookup on two worksheets Steven Robilard Excel Worksheet Functions 5 February 14th 05 11:59 PM