Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Dates formula problem

I am using excel 2003.

I tried to get my sales per quarter in one cell, so I have two columns, one
for the date, the other one is my sales revenues.

I dont have problem with one argument, but I dont know how to integrate
the second argument.

If I applied this function in my cell: =SUMIF(C24:C300,"=39172",D24:D300)
it works for all date since 39172. But how can I integrate: and =<39172. to
get sales from my first quarter.

You understand that I worked with the numbers of day since 1900, because I
dont know, how to use date value formula.

Andre
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hellowa

=SUMIF(C24:C300,"="&A1,D24:D300)

In A1, put a date. Eg. if you want to sum sales in a period, use

=SUMIF(C24:C300,"="&A1,D24:D300)-SUMIF(C24:C300,""&A2,D24:D300)

where A1 holds first day of the period, A2 the last day.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music