Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding percentages

I have a number in a cell eg .834 and I wish to show a % increase in
subsequent cells 13% increase, 12% increase etc. How do I create a formula to
show these percebntage increases and show the total in a cell eg

..834 * 8% * 13% *2% = Total shows 1.037

I want to show the percentages in individual cells eg
A1 A2 A3 A4 A5
..834 8% 13% 2% =1.037 (Cells A2 - A4 formatted as
a %)

Thank you.
--
wghenry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One guess, perhaps you mean

In E1:
=A1*(1+B1)*(1+C1)*(1+D1)

With A1 containing a keyed in: 0.834, E1 returns: 1.038
--
Max
Singapore
"wghenry" wrote:
I have a number in a cell eg .834 and I wish to show a % increase in
subsequent cells 13% increase, 12% increase etc. How do I create a formula to
show these percebntage increases and show the total in a cell eg

.834 * 8% * 13% *2% = Total shows 1.037

I want to show the percentages in individual cells eg
A1 A2 A3 A4 A5
.834 8% 13% 2% =1.037 (Cells A2 - A4 formatted as
a %)

Thank you.
--
wghenry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Oops, sorry I read it horizontally earlier ..

In E1:
=A1*(1+B1)*(1+C1)*(1+D1)

should have read as:

In A5:
=A1*(1+A2)*(1+A3)*(1+A4)

Now we're vertically aligned <g
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If Max has guessed your intentions correctly you can also use the
following *array* formula for less typing, if you have many
percentages:

=A1*PRODUCT(1+A2:A4)

As this is an array formula commit with Shift+Ctrl+Enter

HTH
Kostis Vezerides