Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding percentages 0

Hi all.

I have a sheet where H15:H71 are filled with percentages.

What I'd like is to calculate the whole area above without counting any
cells containing zero.

Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean you want to count the cells which are not equal to zero, or
add them up? Try one of these:

=COUNTIF(H15:H71,"<"&0)

=SUMIF(H15:H71,"<"&0,H15:H71)

Hope this helps.

Pete

Caractus wrote:

Hi all.

I have a sheet where H15:H71 are filled with percentages.

What I'd like is to calculate the whole area above without counting any
cells containing zero.

Can anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want to count the cells which are not equal to zero but the thing is
they're all percentages so an average would probably be more accurate,
otherwise the total will read as over 100%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply Pete.

I want to count the cells which are not equal to zero but they are all
percentages, so an average would probably be more accurate. Otherwise
the total would be over 100%.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=AVERAGE(IF(H15:H71<0,H15:H71))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Caractus" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the reply Pete.

I want to count the cells which are not equal to zero but they are all
percentages, so an average would probably be more accurate. Otherwise
the total would be over 100%.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perfect. Thanks a lot!