cawhitaker

Default Sub-total feature is unavailable in Office 2003 Excel

I am trying to use the sub-total feature in Excel 2003. I have used it in
previous versions of excel, but in 2003 it is on the menu, but not available
for use.

cawhitaker

Yes. I have discovered that if I use AutoFilter, the subtotals do not work.
If I take AutoFilter off, the subtotals will work if I copy the information
into a different sheet and then type new headings to the columns of
information. It seems to work sporadically. Thanks!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Is the sheet protected?

Peo Sjoblom

"cawhitaker" wrote in message
I am trying to use the sub-total feature in Excel 2003. I have used

it in
previous versions of excel, but in 2003 it is on the menu, but not
available
for use.

Peo Sjoblom

That's the reason, it has built in totals (Toggle Total Row) on the list
toolbar and you cannot apply datasubtotal on either filtered or a list
created with this new function. You can convert it as follows

right click in the list and select List Convert to Range