Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Goal Seek Algebra Formula

Hello everyone, ok, I've spent a little over two hours thinking about this
one, among the other dozen or so formulas I have managed to already solve. I
was wondering if a few other braniac excel geniuses can tag along on this
one. It's basically easy, somewhat, here it goes

With a goal seek, all it would be is Change C by getting R to 15%, it drives
for about 10 seconds and bam, solution.

I need a formula to this for 40 rows instead of running goal seek each time,
Is this possible?

Now 15% is a formula based on the total of Sum(A:Z)/Receipt. Now each
letter through A-Z is dependant on what C has, each cell in A-Z is a formula
that depends on C.

I hope that helps so far.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hello too,
quite intriguing question...can u please post the basic formula u used to
relate C with R...
regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"Javier Diaz" wrote:

Hello everyone, ok, I've spent a little over two hours thinking about this
one, among the other dozen or so formulas I have managed to already solve. I
was wondering if a few other braniac excel geniuses can tag along on this
one. It's basically easy, somewhat, here it goes

With a goal seek, all it would be is Change C by getting R to 15%, it drives
for about 10 seconds and bam, solution.

I need a formula to this for 40 rows instead of running goal seek each time,
Is this possible?

Now 15% is a formula based on the total of Sum(A:Z)/Receipt. Now each
letter through A-Z is dependant on what C has, each cell in A-Z is a formula
that depends on C.

I hope that helps so far.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well actually this is what R is
=Total/Receipt

Total=sum(A:Z)

C is blank

each cell in A-Z has this forumla (=IF(VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE($D1,"
",$E1),$U$8:$AM$16,MATCH(AI$1,$V$7:$AM$7,0)+1,FALS E)0,IF($AJ1=0,0,ROUND(($AJ1/$AJ$3*AI$3)/$O1,0)*$O1),0))

except C, C is in that A-Z range. which in this formula its AJ1 Latter
part of the formula which is performing the calculation after a Vlookup, goes
to round(C/C's Index *A'sIndex/Pack)/Pack and so fourth to B to D, skipping C.

"Javier Diaz" wrote:

Hello everyone, ok, I've spent a little over two hours thinking about this
one, among the other dozen or so formulas I have managed to already solve. I
was wondering if a few other braniac excel geniuses can tag along on this
one. It's basically easy, somewhat, here it goes

With a goal seek, all it would be is Change C by getting R to 15%, it drives
for about 10 seconds and bam, solution.

I need a formula to this for 40 rows instead of running goal seek each time,
Is this possible?

Now 15% is a formula based on the total of Sum(A:Z)/Receipt. Now each
letter through A-Z is dependant on what C has, each cell in A-Z is a formula
that depends on C.

I hope that helps so far.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Javier,

I suggest u wait for some kinda macro for this "specific" one. i just can't
realize if there's some kinda circ. ref. involve here...

regards,
driller
--
*****