Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default is anyone familiar with the pull formula in excel?

I have multiple workbooks and i need to create a summary sheet that can pull
information from all the other workbooks. the cells that i need to pull are
the same on each of those and i know there is a pull formula that would make
this easy for me but i'm not sure how it works. otherwise i'd have to go in
and manually input each of the cells that i need into the summary and that is
very time consuming.

Please help if you can.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The easiest way is to open both files; in the target file cell type =, now
point at the cell in the source file cell. This gives a formula in the form
='[Travel Apr 07.XLS]April'!$B$4 where the file name is within [ ] , and
April happens to be the name of the sheet in the source file.
If you need to copy this formula down a column you will need to remove the $
signs that make it absolute
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme