Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula to pull name and amount

am trying to create a summary sheet of information from other worksheets
within the same workbook. Each month I download a list of names(column A),
and with an amount beside each one (column
B). The name may appear twice (each time having a different amount).

What I would like to do is create a summary sheet that will look for the
name on all the worksheets and pull the NAME and Associated total for the
individual from each months sheet. So...it will pull the name once from
column A (from each worksheet)
and give me a total amount from column C if it's the same name. However
because the amount of names increase or decrease (therefore they are not
always in the same row each month)each month I am unsure on
how to go about this.
example:
Worksheet 1 Worksheet 2 SUMMARY SHEET

A B A B A
1 Jones 5 Brad 3 Brad
3
2 Jones 7 Car 2 Car
2
3 Lent 2 Jones 4 Jones
16
4 Mac 9 Smith 5 Lent
2
5 Smith 7 Mac
9

Smith 12

any help would be appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The simplest way is a pivot table.
Specify Multiple Consolidation
Contact me privately (no TRUENORTH in email address) if you need more help
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme