Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF - AND Function

Hi Folks - I'm trying to create an IF/AND function something like this ....

=if(and(a1="RI", c1="Sold"),"Property Sold", "For Sale")

Basically, if State = RI AND Status = Sold, then display appropriate text.
However, it seems that the AND function does not handle text as a logical
test. Any workarounds? Thanks,

Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your formula is correct except that you want to add something if both cells
are empty, so I suspect that you might have hidden spaces. Does this work?

=IF(AND(TRIM(A1)="RI", TRIM(C1)="Sold"),"Property Sold", "For Sale")

if so you have extra spaces, if it still doesn't work you might have hidden
html characters or there is a typo somewhere

Peo Sjoblom