Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael Michael is offline

Default IF - AND Function

Yep .... there were stray spaces ..... Thanks.

Michael

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Your formula is correct except that you want to add something if both
cells are empty, so I suspect that you might have hidden spaces. Does this
work?

=IF(AND(TRIM(A1)="RI", TRIM(C1)="Sold"),"Property Sold", "For Sale")

if so you have extra spaces, if it still doesn't work you might have
hidden html characters or there is a typo somewhere

Peo Sjoblom

"Michael" wrote in message
Hi Folks - I'm trying to create an IF/AND function something like this

=if(and(a1="RI", c1="Sold"),"Property Sold", "For Sale")

Basically, if State = RI AND Status = Sold, then display appropriate
text. However, it seems that the AND function does not handle text as a
logical test. Any workarounds? Thanks,

Michael