Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Index or Match or what?

I have an excel spreadsheet that has the following columns:

Customer ID Price Item Price Price Price
Level ID Level 1 Level 2
Level 3
John Brown 2 EQLW-14120 50.00 60.00 70.00
Candy Jones 1 EQLW-14130 40.00 50.00 70.00

John brown will get price level 2 for Item Id EQLW-14120 - meaning he will
be charged 60 but Candy Jones for the same Item Id Will pay 50. For Item ID
EQLW-14130 John would pay 50.00 and candy would Pay 40. I am exporting
this from Crystal. There is a chance my spreadsheet might change while I am
working on my Crystal report. I am testing formula that if Customer level =
Price Level 1, Price Level 2 etc then just entered the amount for each Id. I
have another spreadsheet that I want to pull this information into using a
formula - VLOOKUP, Match? whatever.

Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Need clarification: is there another record for John Brown with Item
EQLW-14130 showing his Price Level?
It would make more sense if there were two data areas: (a) with ID, Item and
Price Level and (b) Item and the three Prices.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme