Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trying to convert hh.mm.ss in General format to minutes

Hi Experts:

I have tried all of the posts on this subject and cannot make it work....Is
there something I'm missing? I am copying the time from another worksheet
and it shows as being formatted as "General"....Is there some formula I can
use beside the =N21*1440? This gives me a "#VALUE".

Any help would be appreciated...Thank you,
--
jeannie v

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Alan: Yest I tried that, but I must tell you I just received a formula
from another Group expert I was working with on another project....this works:

=ROUND(TRIM(N21)*1440,0)/60

Thank you so much though......I apopreciate your response.
--
jeannie v

"jeannie v" wrote in message
Hi Experts:

I have tried all of the posts on this subject and cannot make it
work....Is
there something I'm missing? I am copying the time from another worksheet
and it shows as being formatted as "General"....Is there some formula I
can
use beside the =N21*1440? This gives me a "#VALUE".

Any help would be appreciated...Thank you,
--
jeannie v

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jeannie,
You shouldn't need to do that. If you put a time in Sheet1, N21, then in
Sheet2,
=Sheet1!N21 should give you exactly the same, format and all.
Are you copying by just =N21 or are you using a macro or something to do it?
I'm sure that formula does work, but it's a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a
walnut to say the least.
Regards,
Alan.

"jeannie v" wrote in message
Hi Experts:

I have tried all of the posts on this subject and cannot make it
work....Is
there something I'm missing? I am copying the time from another
worksheet
and it shows as being formatted as "General"....Is there some formula I
can
use beside the =N21*1440? This gives me a "#VALUE".

Any help would be appreciated...Thank you,
--
jeannie v

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

HI Alan:

I did try to put a time in Sheet 1 and it returned 0.00 rather than the
conversion....I'll try it again, though....

Thank you for being so diligent on this one....I really appreciate your
expertise.
--
jeannie v