Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Omitting zeroes when looking for minimum values

I have a spreadsheet where I track maximum and minimum values. The data is
entered daily, so I have formulas entered for the entire year. That means,
of course, that zero is the value for every day of the year beyond today.
How do I omit those in my calculation of minimum values?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are several ways to do this. Here's one:

Try this array formula**:

=MIN(IF(A1:A100<0,A1:A100))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

Biff

"pdeaston" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where I track maximum and minimum values. The data is
entered daily, so I have formulas entered for the entire year. That
means,
of course, that zero is the value for every day of the year beyond today.
How do I omit those in my calculation of minimum values?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"pdeaston" wrote...
I have a spreadsheet where I track maximum and minimum values. The data is
entered daily, so I have formulas entered for the entire year. That means,
of course, that zero is the value for every day of the year beyond today.
How do I omit those in my calculation of minimum values?

Another alternative: use dynamic ranges. If your daily data were in C3:C367,
you could try

=MIN(C3:INDEX(C3:C367,TODAY()-DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1)+1))