Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default countif function question

I have a basic knowledge of countif but I am trying to use it to count if a
value is contained in the cell instead of equals the cell value.
Example
I would like to count the number of occurences of the phrase " blue book" in
the range below

blue book
blue book, red shoe, yellow car
blue book, brown box

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I love you Teethless mama, and your formula. You are a life saver!
--
Please post all your inquiries on this community so we can all benefit -
Thank you!

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A:A,"*blue book*")