Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question re COUNTIF function - reading data from a differnet sheet

Hello

If I use the following formula I sort of get what I want but I would like to
put the formula onto a sheet named "LIST" and for it to find the information
from a different sheet (named DATA)

=COUNTIF(E2:E50000,I2)

Can someone please advise me how to do this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=COUNTIF(

then with the cursor after the first parenthesis select the range on the
other sheet with your mouse

Peo Sjoblom

"Mighty Magpie" <mighty.magpie@home wrote in message
Hello

If I use the following formula I sort of get what I want but I would like
to put the formula onto a sheet named "LIST" and for it to find the
information from a different sheet (named DATA)

=COUNTIF(E2:E50000,I2)

Can someone please advise me how to do this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the criterion in I2 is still on the LIST worksheet along with the
formula,
=COUNTIF(DATA!E2:E50000,I2)

"Mighty Magpie" wrote:

Hello

If I use the following formula I sort of get what I want but I would like to
put the formula onto a sheet named "LIST" and for it to find the information
from a different sheet (named DATA)

=COUNTIF(E2:E50000,I2)

Can someone please advise me how to do this?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question re COUNTIF function - reading data from a differnet s

Note: Mine assumes that the criteria you're looking to count remains in place
on the DATA tab. bpeltzer's formula assumes you've moved the criteria onto
that cell on the LIST tab.