Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivit Tables

I have a vlookup that is searching a Pivot table. The proble is that every
morning the pivot table updates and adds a new column of data. This makes my
vlookup error out because its looking in the wrong column. How do I tell my
vlookup to look for a column with a heading OR tell it to look in the last
column with data in it?

Thanx,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you search for a heading, use a VLOOKUP that has many columns in
the 2nd argument.

=VLOOKUP(value,A:Z,MATCH(heading,A1:Z1,0),0)

For the last column:

=VLOOKUP(value,A:Z,COUNTA(A1:Z1),0)

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Jun 21, 6:29 pm, David A. wrote:
I have a vlookup that is searching a Pivot table. The proble is that every
morning the pivot table updates and adds a new column of data. This makes my
vlookup error out because its looking in the wrong column. How do I tell my
vlookup to look for a column with a heading OR tell it to look in the last
column with data in it?

Thanx,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use the GETPIVOTDATA function to extract data from the pivot
table. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

some tables hosni Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 March 1st 07 05:38 PM
Pivit table not displaying data Gimp Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 February 6th 07 10:33 PM
tables Sam New Users to Excel 2 January 14th 07 05:32 PM
Which Tax Tables to use? [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 July 8th 06 05:19 PM
pivit table will not caculate Mike Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 28th 05 10:57 PM