Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default some tables

i have three cheets of excell.the first one is acting as a database.the
second cheet includs some data and it revises the information from the
database.the third cheet is a copy from the database.

the problem is when i give the order in the third cheet to revise the data
from the second cheet with the order(IF),it dosn't work. i tried with the
order (vlookup) it works with some cells and others no.

i need help plz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

here is some detais:
we are tring to make an attendance for our company.so we but in the first
cheet the database(the names and thier numbers).in the second cheet we but
the attendent persons with the names,and we got thier numbers by the command
of vlookup.in the third cheet we but the schedual with the names and
numbers,and here is the problem.when we give the command (IF)to know who is
attendent and who is absent,the hall cheet says that all the persones are
absent.