Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting date entries which are the same

Hi,
Within a post logging spreadsheet, the date of logging is automatically
entered against each entry on the day the data is input and formatted thus:
'21-Jun' . I wish to find out the daily min, daily max and daily average of
the entries over the year and, if poss to adapt the formula to reflect the
weekly min, max and ave over the same period.
Any help appreciated.

tia

Jock
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like a job for a pivot table

http://edferrero.m6.net/Pivot.html

http://it.fuqua.duke.edu/public/2001...troduction.pdf

HTH

Bob

"Jock" wrote in message
Within a post logging spreadsheet, the date of logging is automatically
entered against each entry on the day the data is input and formatted
thus:
'21-Jun' . I wish to find out the daily min, daily max and daily average
of
the entries over the year and, if poss to adapt the formula to reflect the
weekly min, max and ave over the same period.
Any help appreciated.

tia

Jock

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. First create a Pivot Table giving the count of items by date. This will
produce a table about 365 entries long, one entry for each day of the year.

2. Then you can use simple MIN, MAX, and AVERAGE to get the desired values.

3. Then you can use MATCH and INDEX to get the dates on which the values
ocurred
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200731

"Jock" wrote:

Hi,
Within a post logging spreadsheet, the date of logging is automatically
entered against each entry on the day the data is input and formatted thus:
'21-Jun' . I wish to find out the daily min, daily max and daily average of
the entries over the year and, if poss to adapt the formula to reflect the
weekly min, max and ave over the same period.
Any help appreciated.

tia

Jock

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions